Change of Business Name Details
Updating business name details on the ASIC register:
All details pertaining to a registered business name must be correct and up to date. It is the proprietor’s responsibility to inform ASIC if any changes or mistakes have occurred on the register.
ASIC allows business name information to be changed, new information to be added and invalid or incorrect information can be removed.
The following information can be changed:
- Change of business address
- Change of registered address (for the service of documents)
- Change of business name holder details
- Change of organisational representative details
- Change of names, addresses and email addresses of individuals including partners, joint venture holders and organisational representatives
The following information can be added or removed:
- Organisational representatives
- A joint venture partner where each partner does not separately hold an ABN
Please note that in order to change or update the details of a business name you must provide us with all of the following details:
- The business name
- The corresponding A.B.N.
- The type of entity of the business name holder (i.e. individual, company, trust, partnership)
- The ASIC Key* assigned to the business name you wish to make changes to.
- In the case of a change of representative – the new corresponding A.B.N.
- In the case of a change in any address – the new address details (business address cannot be PO BOX)
If you do not know your ASIC Key*, for an additional $20.00 we will be able to obtain it on your behalf providing we have your written consent to do so.
*An ASIC key is a unique code assigned to every business name. The ASIC key should be stored in a secure location and only provided to others who you authorise to manage your business name registration. When you provide the ASIC Key to others, they will be able to update any details relating to the business name, including cancellation.